- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 3/4 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions, separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides into a large heavy pot or electric deep-fryer and heat over high heat to 360?F.
- Combine the flour and 1 tablespoon of the Essence in a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg and 2 tablespoons water in another shallow bowl. Dip the onions in the egg mixture, then toss in the seasoned flour, shaking to remove any excess flour. In batches, without crowding, deep-fry the onions until crisp and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towelñlined baking sheet.
- Just before serving, season with the remaining 1 teaspoon Essence and the salt. Serve hot.
Roasted Smothered Scrod With Onion Crisps
Caramelized Onion And Foie Gras Bread Pudding
Caramelized Onion And Parmesan Cheese Soup With Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Grape Tomato, Arugula, And Red Onion Salad
Vidalia Onion Soup With Fried Cheese Tortellini
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Baked Crabmeat, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip
Barbecued Oysters With Rosemary Biscuits
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade