- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound smoked chorizo sausage, removed from casings and finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Bouquet Garni
- 3 quarts Chicken Stock or
- canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed well (discard any that are open)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring often, until it has rendered its fat and is beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add the kale, garlic, bouquet garni, chicken stock, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the clams and cook until they open, about 10 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Stir in the cilantro. Serve hot.
Portuguese-Style White Bean Soup with Chicken and Bacon
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Cheese Soup with Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Chilled Roasted Beet And Fennel Soup With Apple-mint Crema And Toasted Pistachios
Chicken, Vegetable, And Rice Soup
Corn And Crab Bisque
Rabbit, Andouille, And Wild Mushroom Gumbo
Sweet Potato And Duck Chowder
Linguica Crusted Redfish With Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
Lobster Portuguese Style