- 2 1/2 pounds chicken drummettes (about 20), rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Emerilís Red Pepper Sauce or other hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 1/2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- Blue Cheese Sauce
- Combine the chicken, pepper sauce, salt, and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon Essence in a large shallow nonreactive container. Toss to coat the chicken evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 hours.
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large deep heavy pot or electric deep fryer and heat over high heat to 360?F.
- Combine the flour and 2 tablespoons of the Essence in a large mixing bowl and stir to blend. In batches, add the chicken pieces and toss to coat evenly, then carefully add the chicken pieces to the hot oil and deep-fry, turning occasionally, until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Essence. Serve immediately, with Blue Cheese Sauce.
Kicked Up Chicken Wings With Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Blue Cheese Sauce
Arugula With Ham And Blue Cheese And Fig Vinaigrette
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Meat Pies With Spicy Portuguese Sauce
Rock Shrimp Cones With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Tempura Stone Crab Claws With Lemon Black Pepper Tartar Sauce