- 2 1/2 pounds chicken drummettes (about 20), rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Emerilís Red Pepper Sauce or other hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 1/2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- Blue Cheese Sauce 
- Combine the chicken, pepper sauce, salt, and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon Essence in a large shallow nonreactive container. Toss to coat the chicken evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 hours.
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large deep heavy pot or electric deep fryer and heat over high heat to 360?F.
- Combine the flour and 2 tablespoons of the Essence in a large mixing bowl and stir to blend. In batches, add the chicken pieces and toss to coat evenly, then carefully add the chicken pieces to the hot oil and deep-fry, turning occasionally, until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Essence. Serve immediately, with Blue Cheese Sauce.