- 1 mirliton (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 Roma plum tomatoes (about 1/2 pound), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 cups assorted salad greens, cleaned and patted dry
- 1 cup Creole Remoulade Sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
Put the mirliton in a heavy medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the flesh is tender when pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Cool, then peel and cut in half. Remove the seed and any stringy membranes surrounding it and cut the halves into 1/2-inch cubes.
Combine the mirliton, tomatoes, red onions, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
Combine the buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of Essence in a large bowl. Add the crawfish tails and let stand for 10 minutes.
Combine the remaining 2 teaspoons of Essence with the cornmeal and masa harina in a shallow bowl.
Remove the crawfish from the buttermilk mixture and add to the cornmeal mixture. Toss to coat evenly, shaking to remove any excess.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot or electric fryer to 360?F. Add the crawfish tails, in batches, and cook, turning with a slotted spoon, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Divide the salad greens into four equal portions and place on salad plates. Arrange equal amounts of the vegetable mixture on the greens. Top with equal amounts of the crawfish, then drizzle each portion with the remoulade, and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Creole Mirliton Pirogues
Alligator Sauce Piquante
Eggplant And Seafood Au Gratin
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Crawfish Pies, My Way
Crawfish And Mirliton Soup
Angel Hair Pasta with Smoky Mushrooms and Tasso
Blackened Red Fish With Emeril’s Quick Cabbage And Lemon Butter
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream