- 2 to 3 cups wood chips (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 slabs baby back ribs (10 to 12 ribs per slab)
- Orange Chipotle Glaze
- Soak the wood chips in water to cover for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat a home smoker with the chips to 200?F. (If you have a Weber grill, it may be used for smoking. See the Weber website for information.)
- Combine the salt, five-spice powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture into each slab of ribs, seasoning both sides. Smoke for 20 minutes. Remove the ribs from the smoker and let cool enough to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Wrap the ribs tightly in plastic wrap, then in foil. Place on baking sheets, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and cool slightly, still wrapped, about 20 minutes.
- Before serving, liberally coat both sides of the ribs with the glaze. Serve 1 to 1 1/2 slabs, or more, per person, and pass the remaining glaze at the table.
Orange Chipotle Glaze
Glazed Baby Back Ribs With Plum Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad
Apricot Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Sausage Rice Pilaf Stuffing
John Neal's Gingered Pears With Squab
Prime Rib Of Beef
Hazelnut, Goat Cheese, And Baby Greens Salad With Hazelnut Chardonnay Dressing
Tangerine Glazed Roasted Chicken
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Baby Back Ribs With A Spicy Apple Glaze
Tequila And Lime Baby Back Ribs With A Guava And Ginger Glaze