- 2 to 3 cups wood chips (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 slabs baby back ribs (10 to 12 ribs per slab)
- Orange Chipotle Glaze 
- Soak the wood chips in water to cover for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Preheat a home smoker with the chips to 200?F. (If you have a Weber grill, it may be used for smoking. See the Weber website for information.)
- Combine the salt, five-spice powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture into each slab of ribs, seasoning both sides. Smoke for 20 minutes. Remove the ribs from the smoker and let cool enough to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Wrap the ribs tightly in plastic wrap, then in foil. Place on baking sheets, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and cool slightly, still wrapped, about 20 minutes.
- Before serving, liberally coat both sides of the ribs with the glaze. Serve 1 to 1 1/2 slabs, or more, per person, and pass the remaining glaze at the table.