- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut each potato into an even rectangular shape: cut off the bottom, top, and sides, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Put the potatoes in a medium, heavy saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep, heavy pot or an electric deep fryer to 360°F. Add the potatoes and fry, turning to brown evenly, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt, and serve hot.
Cabbage And Potato Cake
Apple And Potato Gratin
Andouille Potato Salad
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Potato Soup With Salt Cod Fritters
Smashed Potato Salad
Spiced Baked Ham With Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato And Duck Chowder