- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound andouille sausage, chopped
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces grated white Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions (green part only)
- 8 cups 1-inch cubes white bread
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with the butter.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the onions, celery, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring until the vegetables are soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Combine the eggs, cream, and milk in a large mixing bowl and whisk to blend well. Fold in the sausage mixture, cheese, and green onions. Add the bread cubes, pushing them into the sausage mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake until the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Barbecued Quail With Andouille Bread Pudding
Caramelized Onion And Foie Gras Bread Pudding
Cherry And White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Andouille Potato Salad
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Rabbit, Andouille, And Wild Mushroom Gumbo
Portuguese Five Egg Easter Bread