- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups finely chopped yellow onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onions are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and parsley and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, cool, and serve.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Vegetable Quesadilla with Caramelized Onion Marmalade and Cilantro Sour Cream
Creole Spiced Blue Crabs With Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Braised Green Beans with Pancetta and Caramelized Onions
Caramelized Onions and Potatoes au Gratin
Parsnip Creamed Potatoes
Cheesy Bacon Grits
Tasso Maque Choux
Jalapeno Hush Puppies