- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups finely chopped yellow onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onions are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and parsley and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, cool, and serve.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.