- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup assorted julienned grilled vegetables, such as red onion, bell pepper, yellow squash, and tomato
- 8 medium-size flour tortillas
- 1/4 pound grated Maytag or other white Cheddar cheese
- Cilantro Sour Cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium-size sautÈ pan over high heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until they caramelize, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, and vinegar and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Combine the grilled vegetables in a medium-size mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and spread on 4 of the tortillas, leaving about a 1-inch border all around. Sprinkle the vegetables with equal amounts of the cheese, then top with the remaining tortillas. Gently press the edges together to seal.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully lay a quesadilla in the center of the skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Then, with a wide spatula, turn the quesadilla over and cook until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat the procedure using the remaining oil.
- To serve, cut the quesadillas into 4 wedges. Arrange on individual plates and top with the onion marmalade and cilantro sour cream.
Vegetable Quesadilla With Parsnip Puree, Caramelized Onion Marmalade, Cilantro Sour Cream
Caramelized Salmon With Cilantro Potato Salad
Cilantro Sour Cream
Chorizo Crusted Scallops With Cilantro Guacamole And Tortilla Strips
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Mussels And Fennel With Saffron Cream Sauce
Goat Cheese Quesadilla With Guacamole And Pico De Gallo
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream