- 8 large ripe Creole or beefsteak tomatoes, peeled and pulp removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Essence to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups Chicken Stock or
- canned chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound (2 cups) Arborio rice
- 1/3 pound assorted exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, and oysters, wiped clean and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Veal Reduction
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Rub the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with Essence. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large sautÈ pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and garlic, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 6 minutes. Add the rice and simmer for 10 minutes, stirringconstantly. Add the mushrooms and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is creamy and bubbly, about 8 minutes. Stir in the butter and heavy cream, and simmer until creamy, 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the risotto into the center of each tomato, top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese, and bake until the cheese melts and browns a bit. Remove from the oven and place each tomato on a serving plate. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of the veal reduction and garnish with the basil.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes With Mushroom Risotto And Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Duck Confetti, Smoked Mozzarella, And Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Yarithes Yiouvetsi (roasted Prawns With Fresh Tomatoes And Feta Cheese)
Crawfish Beignets With Tomato And Corn Tartar Sauce
Fried Green Tomatoes With Lump Crabmeat And Dave's Ravigote
Portobello Mushrooms, Angel Hair Pasta, And Fresh† Tomato Sauce
Seared Crab Cake With Corn Relish, Roasted Tomato And Pepper Coulis
Goat Cheese And Vegetable Ravioli In A Citrus-tomato Broth With Fresh Herbs And Melted Leeks