- 1 whole redfish or red snapper (about 6 1.2 pounds), cleaned and scaled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- One 3-pound box kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Juice of 2 oranges (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 recipe Creole Tomato Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, make 5 slits, at an angle and about 1 1/2 inches apart, on each side of the fish. Rub 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over each side of the fish, then season each side with 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning.
- Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet. Combine the kosher salt, herbs, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Mound the mixture evenly on the surface of the fish, leaving the head and tail uncovered. With your fingers, firmly press the mixture into the flesh.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes. With the back of a heavy spoon or a mallet, lightly pound the salt crust to crack it open, beginning at the tail end. Carefully pull off the salt crust. Then, with a small spatula or wide knife, remove the flesh from the bone from the top side of the fish. Remove the backbone, then serve the flesh from the bottom side of the fish. Spoon some salsa over each serving.
Salt And Herb Crusted Red Snapper
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb
Pecan Crusted Rabbit With Wilted Greens And Creole Dressing
Crawfish And Sausage Jambalaya
Pan Seared Escolar With Crabmeat And Chanterelles
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Eggplant And Seafood Au Gratin
Shredded Pork Flautas With Corn And Goat Queso