- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
- 1 cup Roasted Garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter, garlic, and cream. Using a fork, coarsely mash the potatoes and mix well.
- Season with the remaining salt and black pepper and serve.