- 1 boneless pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Rustic Rub
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons filÈ powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- Put the pork and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat the meat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and put the mixture through a meat grinder using a 1/2-inch die. Or, coarsely grind the meat in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Stuff the mixture into the prepared 1 1/2-inch-diameter casings, each piece about 10 inches long. To hot-smoke the sausage, follow the directions for ìHOT-SMOKING SAUSAGESî. Smoke for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping the sausage once every 10 minutes of cooking time. It can be frozen indefinitely.
Andouille And Chicken Jambalaya
Braised Pork Ribs And Andouille
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Stewed Chicken And Sausage
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Veal Sausage With Creamy Grits
How To Stuff Sausage
Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers
Chicken And Smoked Sausage Gumbo
Chicken And Dumplings