- 1 boneless pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Rustic Rub 
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons filÈ powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- Put the pork and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat the meat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and put the mixture through a meat grinder using a 1/2-inch die. Or, coarsely grind the meat in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Stuff the mixture into the prepared 1 1/2-inch-diameter casings, each piece about 10 inches long. To hot-smoke the sausage, follow the directions for ìHOT-SMOKING SAUSAGESî. Smoke for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping the sausage once every 10 minutes of cooking time. It can be frozen indefinitely.