- 2 rib eye steaks, about 10 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Veal Stock
- 2 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- Season the steaks on both sides with the rub. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear each steak for about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 4 minutes for medium. Transfer to a warm platter.
- Add the flour to the skillet, and reduce the heat to medium. Stirring constantly for about 3 to 4 minutes, make a dark brown roux, the color of chocolate.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the stock and raise the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, add the steaks, and continue stirring the sauce until the mixture thickens, about 6 minutes. Turn the steaks several times during this coking time, basting them with the sauce. Add the mustard, blend, and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Shrimp And Ham Jambalaya
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Round Steak And Onions
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Smothered Mirliton and Shrimp
Andouille And Chicken Jambalaya
Braised Pork Ribs And Andouille
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Fricassee of Pork and Turnips
Shrimp And Okra Gumbo