- 2 dozen shucked oysters, with their liquor
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Brown Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Drain the oysters, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquor. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and black pepper. SautÈ for 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted. Add the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the parsley. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the broth, Worcestershire, and lemon juice. Stir until the mixture becomes slightly thick, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the oyster liquor and cream and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and cook until the mixture thickens. Blend in the butter. Add the oysters and the pinch of salt. Simmer for about 2 minutes, or until the edges curl. Add the green onions and the remaining parsley. Remove from the heat.
- Serve right away.