- 2 recipes Seafood Boil Seasoning Mix
- 8 quarts water
- 1 dozen small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 large onions, unpeeled, cut in half crosswise
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 large head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 pound andouille or kielbasa sausage
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut in half
- 10 pounds crawfish or crabs
- Put the bags of seasoning mix, the water, potatoes, onions, lemons, 1 1/4 cups of the salt, 1/4 cup of the cayenne, and the garlic in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, cover, and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage, corn, and crawfish or crabs. Using a long-handled spoon, stir around and press the contents of the pot down well into the water. Cover the pot and return to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon cayenne.
- Using the long-handled spoon, push down the contents in the pot. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Divide the potatoes, onions, corn, and sausage into equal portions and serve with the seafood on large platters or trays.