- 4 tuna steaks, about 6 ounces each, about 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped fresh or canned Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 pound kalamata olives, pitted and halved (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 pound large green olives stuffed with pimientos, halved (3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Duck Stock
- Fried Parsnips
- Creamed Potatoes with Spinach and Roasted Garlic
- Season both sides of each tuna steak with the Creole seasoning.
- Heat a large sautÈ pan over high heat for 2 minutes. Sear the steaks for 1 minute and turn over. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, the onions, salt, and cayenne. Cook for 1 minute and remove the steaks.
- Add another tablespoon of the butter to the pan and continue to cook the onions for 3 minutes, stirring. Add the tomatoes, olives, garlic, green onions, herbs, and black pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 minute. Return the tuna steaks to the pan and add the remaining tablespoon butter. Cook for 1 minute, basting the steaks with the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, stack fried parsnips on top of each tuna steak on individual plates and serve with the creamed potatoes.
Truffle Potato Soup With Truffle Mushroom Dumplings And Fried Parsley
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Roasted Red Mullet With Peasant Meat Juices
Seared Grouper With Peasant Meat Juices
Spicy Crab Cakes With Fried Quail Eggs
Collard And Mustard Greens In Ham Hock Gravy
Roasted Fennel And Green Bean Relish