- 4 tuna steaks, about 6 ounces each, about 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped fresh or canned Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 pound kalamata olives, pitted and halved (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 pound large green olives stuffed with pimientos, halved (3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Duck Stock 
- Fried Parsnips 
- Creamed Potatoes with Spinach and Roasted Garlic 
- Season both sides of each tuna steak with the Creole seasoning.
- Heat a large sautÈ pan over high heat for 2 minutes. Sear the steaks for 1 minute and turn over. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, the onions, salt, and cayenne. Cook for 1 minute and remove the steaks.
- Add another tablespoon of the butter to the pan and continue to cook the onions for 3 minutes, stirring. Add the tomatoes, olives, garlic, green onions, herbs, and black pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 minute. Return the tuna steaks to the pan and add the remaining tablespoon butter. Cook for 1 minute, basting the steaks with the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, stack fried parsnips on top of each tuna steak on individual plates and serve with the creamed potatoes.