- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the half-and-half and butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Heat the mixture until a thin paper like skin appears on the top. Do not boil.
- Place the chocolate and vanilla in a medium heat-proof bowl. Add the half and half and let sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Serve slightly warm.
- The sauce can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for several days, but it must be returned to room temperature, or warmed gently in a warm water bath before serving.
- Source: from emeril's kitchens: favorite recipes from emeril's restaurants
- Dish Type: Sauces
Kick Butt Gumbo
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
J.K.'s Chocolate Soufflés with Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Emeril's Restaurant Sweet Corn Muffins
Barbecued Salmon with Andouille and Potato Hash
Roasted Rack of Lamb with Creole Mustard Crust and Apple-Mint Puree