- Four 4-ounce quail, split down the back
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole spice (recipe included)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 Italian tomatoes, split lengthwise and roasted at 400 degrees for 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup veal stock
- 1/2 cup cooked grits, leftover is okay
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium saute pan, heat oil. Season quail on both sides with creole spice. Sear the quail, skin side down for 4 minutes. Flip each quail over and continue to cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove quail from the pan and set aside. To the same saute pan place onions and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and stock, and allow to reduce for 1 minute.
- Using a whisk add grits, incorporating them thoroughly. Place the quail back into the pan. Add the green onion, and adjust the seasonings. Cook for 3 more minutes and then stir in the butter. Place quail on two serving plates and top with the sauce.
Sauteed Quail With Grit Gravy
Posole Inspired Soup
Drunken Pork And Hominy
Grillade Stuffed Quail With Grit Cakes
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction
Fried Quail With Creamy Ham Gravy
Pan Fried Quail With Country Milk Gravy And Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Country Ham With Red Eyed Gravy And Creamy Grits
Cream Of Porcini Soup With Quail Eggs