- 1 pound fresh tortellini (cheese filled), uncooked
- 4 tablespoons butter, in all
- 1/2 pound Morel mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 ounces Prosciutto julienned
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 cup chicken or mushroom stock
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Grana Padano, to garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Add the torteloni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium size saute pan, add the proscuitto and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add the shallots and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce for 2 minutes, then stir in the remaining butter. Remove the pasta from the water, toss in sauce, and season.
Garnish with the cheese, just before serving.
Tournedos Of Beef With Morel Mushroom Sauce
Whole Stuffed Morels
Grilled Sea Scallops with Pasta Rags, Homemade Pesto, Currant Tomatoes, Fresh Asparagus and Mushrooms
Veal Raviolis With A Morel Cream Sauce And Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Peas and Pasta
Pan Crispy Snapper With A Fresh Fava Bean And Mushroom Ragout
Sweet Pea Pannacotta With Wild Mushrooms and Asparagus
Raw Tomato Sauce
Grilled Green Onion Tart
Fiddlehead Ferns and Wild Mushroom Ragout