- 1/2 cup thinly sliced new potatoes
- Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper Aioli:
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded chicken or duck confit
- 2 whole roasted roma tomatoes, julienned
- 1/2 cup wilted spinach seasoned with garlic, shallots, salt and pepper
- 2 grilled or oven-roasted red onion slices
- 3 slices of Terrabonne cheese, 2 by 1/4-inch, or 3 ounces grated fontina or gruyere
- 4 large slices bread, such as ciabatta or sourdough
- Potato Chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
Preheat the fryer or begin to heat oil in a deep saute pan until a deep fat fry thermometer inserted registers 375 degrees F. Carefully place potatoes into the hot oil and cook, turning until golden brown.
Meanwhile make the aioli. In a bowl mash together egg yolks and roasted garlic and then stir in the crushed black pepper. Now slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt to taste.
Transfer the potatoes to a plate and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. While potatoes are still hot season with salt, pepper and Essence.
Spread the aioli evenly over the bread. Starting with the confit, layer each of the following recipe ingredients on one side of the bread and top with the other slice. Brush the outsides of both sandwiches lightly with butter and grill in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden and crispy and the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Serve with the potato chips and chopped parsley.
Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Dip Sandwich
Roast Beef Sandwich with French Onion Dip and Crispy Shallots
Smoked Sausage Sandwiches with Beer-Braised Onions
Veal Parmesan Po'boy
Chicken and Biscuits with Redeye Gravy
Bob's Chicken Focaccia Sandwich
Ginger Ice Cream Sandwiches with Ginger Molasses Cookies
Chicken And Black Beans With Chorizo
Southern-Style Chicken and Dumplings
Fried Chicken and Buttermilk Waffles with Black Pepper Maple Syrup and Vanilla Butter