- 3 pints wild strawberries, cleaned and halved
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half and pulp removed
- 4 egg yolks
- FOR THE WILD STRAWBERRY SORBET: In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine 2 pints of the strawberries, 1 cup sugar, orange juice and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. In a blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Stir in the Grand Marnier. Chill the mixture completely. Pour the strawberry mixture into an ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer's directions for the churning time.
- FOR THE CREAM ANGLAISE: In another saucepan, over medium heat, combine the half-half, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla bean and pulp. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks. Whisk well. Add the yolk mixture to the hot cream mixture. Whisk well. Continue to cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- To serve, spoon the cream Anglaise in the center of each serving bowl. Place a couple scoops of the Sorbet in the center of the sauce. Garnish with the remaining pint of strawberries.
Fried Softshell Crab, White Asparagus And Wild Sorrel With A Grilled Ramp Dressing
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Mascerated Strawberries Over Chocolate Shortcakes And Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Lemon Scented Boar Chops With A Fresh Chanterelle And Fava Bean Ragout
Strawberry Cream Angel Food Cake
Strawberry And Blueberry Shortcake
Oreo Cookie And White Chocolate Mousse Pie With Macerated Strawberries
Chef Dave's Grilled Strawberry And Goat Cheese Dessert Pizza
Chocolate Covered Gooseberries, Strawberries, Figs, And Biscotti