- 3 pints wild strawberries, cleaned and halved
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half and pulp removed
- 4 egg yolks
- FOR THE WILD STRAWBERRY SORBET: In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine 2 pints of the strawberries, 1 cup sugar, orange juice and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. In a blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Stir in the Grand Marnier. Chill the mixture completely. Pour the strawberry mixture into an ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer's directions for the churning time.
- FOR THE CREAM ANGLAISE: In another saucepan, over medium heat, combine the half-half, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla bean and pulp. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks. Whisk well. Add the yolk mixture to the hot cream mixture. Whisk well. Continue to cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- To serve, spoon the cream Anglaise in the center of each serving bowl. Place a couple scoops of the Sorbet in the center of the sauce. Garnish with the remaining pint of strawberries.