- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 pound of softened butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- In a small skillet sautÈ the shallots in 2 tablespoons of the butter until softened and translucent. Do not allow to color. Transfer them to a small strainer and allow all juices to drain off.Discard the juices. In the bowl of a food processor combine the shallots with all of the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine well.Check seasoning and transfer the mixture to a large piece of waxed paper. Roll up into a log and wrap in plastic wrap.Store in the refrigerator up to one week or in the freezer up to two months.
- When ready to use, simply slice off thin rounds of butter and use in place of sauce on top of grilled chicken, fish, meat or vegetables.
Tarragon Compound Butter
Fetuccine With Lemon Butter Sauce
Braised Osso Bucco With Tarragon Bordelaise
Italian Chicken Ribbons With Plum Jam Dipping Sauce
Salmon With Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce And Chive Oil
Tarragon From Emeril's Garden
James Beard's Tarragon Butter
Charcoal Grilled Marinated Wild Duck Breasts
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes