- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 pound of softened butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- In a small skillet sautÈ the shallots in 2 tablespoons of the butter until softened and translucent. Do not allow to color. Transfer them to a small strainer and allow all juices to drain off.Discard the juices. In the bowl of a food processor combine the shallots with all of the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine well.Check seasoning and transfer the mixture to a large piece of waxed paper. Roll up into a log and wrap in plastic wrap.Store in the refrigerator up to one week or in the freezer up to two months.
- When ready to use, simply slice off thin rounds of butter and use in place of sauce on top of grilled chicken, fish, meat or vegetables.