- 4 legs Duck Confit, cooled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups superfine bread crumbs*
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Rich Duck Reduction
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Place duck confit legs on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Wipe off any excess duck fat from the chilled duck confit.
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine the flour and Essence. Whisk together eggs and milk in a separate shallow bowl. Place the superfine bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- One at a time, dredge the chilled duck legs in the seasoned flour, shaking to remove any excess flour. Dip into the egg wash and then dredge in the bread crumbs, pressing to coat evenly.
- In a medium saucepan combine the vinegar, port, sugar, shallots, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce mixture by about 2/3, or until thick and syrupy, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add Rich Duck Reduction, and blueberries. Bring mixture to a low boil and cook until blueberries are softened and sauce is a thickened, syrupy consistency, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and swirl in cold butter pieces. Cover and keep warm. (Do not allow sauce to boil.)
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large skillet with 2 to 3 inch straight sides, about 1-inch deep or 1/3 of the way up the sides of the skillet. Heat the oil to 325 degrees F. In batches, carefully place the breaded duck confit legs into the hot oil and fry, turning once, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove form the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- To serve, spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of the blueberry sauce on and around each fried duck confit leg.
- * For superfine bread crumbs, place plain bread crumbs in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
Fried Mozzarella With Puttanesca Dipping Sauce
Crispy Confit Of Duck And Yukon Gold Potatoes With Braised Spinach, Shaved Truffles, Truffle Emulsion And White Truffle Oil
Rich Duck Reduction Sauce
Fried Avocado Slices With Spicy Lime Crema
Coffee Nocello Glazed Duck With Foie Gras Fried Rice
Duck Confit Rellenos
California Style Duck Confit Pizza
Duck Confit Nachos With Corn Chipotle Salsa