- 4 tablespoons clarified butter, melted (or vegetable oil), plus more for tins
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- 1 recipe Creamy Creole Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush the wells of a standard muffin tin with melted butter.
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper, milk, cream, and remaining butter in a blender and blend until well combined. Add flour and blend for 15 seconds or until smooth. Let batter rest in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Fill each muffin well halfway with batter. Add about 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano to center of each.
- Bake popovers for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Remove popovers from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Pierce a side of each popover with a knife to allow steam to escape. (This will help keep them from deflating.) Serve immediately with creamy creole shrimp; garnish with additional grated Parmigiano if desired.
Creamy Creole Shrimp
Prosecco With Orange Sorbet And Cointreau
Country Ham And Cheddar Omelet
Grilled Shrimp With Creamy Avocado-lime Vinaigrette
Shrimp With Rooster Sauce Over Sticky Rice
Okra And Shrimp Gumbo
Spicy Shrimp And Andouille Over Charleston-style Grits
Cajun Chocolate Shake