- 4 tablespoons clarified butter, melted (or vegetable oil), plus more for tins
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- 1 recipe Creamy Creole Shrimp 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Brush the wells of a standard muffin tin with melted butter.
Combine eggs, salt, pepper, milk, cream, and remaining butter in a blender and blend until well combined. Add flour and blend for 15 seconds or until smooth. Let batter rest in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
Fill each muffin well halfway with batter. Add about 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano to center of each.
Bake popovers for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Remove popovers from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Pierce a side of each popover with a knife to allow steam to escape. (This will help keep them from deflating.) Serve immediately with creamy creole shrimp; garnish with additional grated Parmigiano if desired.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Come On Over for Brunch