- 1/2 pound wild mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 portion Basic Pizza Dough
- Cornmeal for dusting, if needed
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic White Sauce
- 4 to 5 slices Spanish ham, prosciutto, or other thinly sliced cured meat
- 4 to 5 slices Manchego cheese
- Truffle oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread mushrooms in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, stirring once. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place a pizza stone or invert a metal baking sheet on an oven rack and increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. (Alternatively, you can simulate a wood-burning oven by lining the oven with unfired bricks. See directions in Basic Pizza Dough recipe.)
- Dust a clean work surface with flour. Roll a portion of dough out to form a 12- to 14-inch circle, about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thickness. Transfer dough round to a pizza peel or to the back of a large baking sheet that has been lightly coated with cornmeal.
- Spoon sauce evenly over top of dough. Top with roasted mushrooms, ham, and Manchego and drizzle with truffle oil. Gently shake peel every so often to make sure pizza isn't sticking. Once topped, quickly slide dough onto hot pizza stone and bake until toppings are bubbly and crust is browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut each pizza into 6 slices and serve immediately.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Pizza at Home
Quail Milton With Wild Mushroom-andouille Duxelles And Port Wine Sauce
Wild Mushroom-andouille Duxelles
Home-ground Buffalo Burgers With Bacon, Cheese, And Fresh Thyme
Home-ground Buffalo Burgers With Bacon, Cheese And Fresh Thyme
Wild Mushroom Ragout Over Stone Ground Grits
Pan-seared Halibut In A Miso Broth With Enoki Mushrooms, Edamame, And Pea Sprouts
French Bread Pizza Sandwiches With Sweet Italian Sausage
Basic Pizza Dough
Emeril's Margherita Pizza