- 1 (1/4-ounce) packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for coating bowl
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- Cornmeal for dusting, if needed
- Combine yeast, water, and sugar in a large bowl and stir well to combine. Set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, olive oil, and 1 1/2 cups flour to yeast mixture, and mix well to thoroughly combine. Add 1 cup flour and mix well with your hands, working to incorporate flour little by little. The dough should be slightly sticky to the touch. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead it for at least 5 and up to 7 minutes, adding more flour as needed to form a smooth and elastic dough that is not sticky.
- Lightly oil a 2- or 3-quart bowl, place dough in it, and turn dough to coat it with oil. Cover bowl with a damp towel and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size and ready to bake, usually at least 1 hour.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Pizza at Home
Home-ground Buffalo Burgers With Bacon, Cheese, And Fresh Thyme
Home-ground Buffalo Burgers With Bacon, Cheese And Fresh Thyme
Basic Tomato Sauce
Basic Potato Gnocchi
Emeril's Margherita Pizza
Emeril's Wild Mushroom And Manchego Pizza
French Bread Pizza Sandwiches With Sweet Italian Sausage
Basic Mushroom Stock