- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock or canned, low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded medium-sharp cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in a 6-quart stockpot over medium heat. When hot, add onions, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper. Saute until onions are soft and translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once stock is boiling, add broccoli and cook until fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove soup from heat and let cool slightly, then puree soup mwith an immersion blender, adding cheese in three additions while blending. Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve hot.
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Basic Tomato Sauce
Basic Potato Gnocchi
Roasted Garlic Soup
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon
Braised And Barbecued Pork Shanks With Spicy New Mexican Barbecue Sauce And Cheddar-jalapeno Cornbread
Hot And Hearty Minestrone
Broccoli With Seriously Cheesy Sauce