- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium red peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pound whole wheat elbow macaroni or farfalle, cooked al dente
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the peppers and garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the flour, cook for 1 minute. Add the milk and 1 cup of the stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a hand-held blender or food processor, puree until smooth. Add a bit more stock as necessary to correct sauce thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, Monterey Jack, Cheddar and red pepper sauce, stirring to combine. Spray a 9-by-12-inch glass baking dish with vegetable spray. Pour in the mac and cheese.
- Combine the Parmesan and the breadcrumbs. Top mac and cheese with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan topping. Place into the oven and cook until the mixture is heated through and the cheese is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 6 - Emeril's Heartland
- Dish Type: Pastas
- Occasion: Any
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Vegetable Pot Pie
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Roasted Tomato Salsa
Lemony Spiked Sweet Tea
Sausage Pizza With Caramelized Onions And Peppers
Burgers With Bacon And Cheese
Sammy And Emeril’s Favorite Paella
Dessert Cinnamon Sugar Nachos With Dulce De Leche And Mexican Chocolate
Ej’s Simple Oven Ribs
Roasted Tomato Salsa