- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise and crosswise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Place the bananas flat, cut side down, in the bottom of an 11 by 7-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, stirring until the sugar begins to melt. Add the orange juice and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, until slightly thickened.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully pour the warm sauce over the bananas. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking dish from the oven and, using tongs, carefully turn the bananas over so that the cut side is facing up. Carefully return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow the bananas to cool slightly before serving. Serve the warm sauce and bananas over vanilla ice cream.