- 16 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, plus 4 for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectionersï¿½ sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 small bananas
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine 16 of the chocolate sandwich cookies and 1/4 cup of the peanuts. Process until finely crumbled.
- Place the crumbs in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle with the melted butter, stirring until moistened. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Chill the piecrust in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese. Mix on low until creamy. With the mixer still on low, gradually add the confectionersï¿½ sugar, mixing until combined. Turn the mixer off, remove the peanut butter mixture, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Clean the bowl of the mixer and remove the paddle attachment. Add the whisk attachment and, in the clean bowl, whisk the cream on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Turn the mixer off.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, adding the cream a little at a time, and being careful not to overmix.
- Peel and slice the bananas, about 1/4 inch thick. Lay the banana slices in one even layer in the bottom of the chilled piecrust.
- Spoon the peanut butter filling into the piecrust over the bananas and smooth the top with the back of the spoon. (The filling will be taller than the edges of the piecrust.)
- Cover the pie lightly with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut the 4 remaining sandwich cookies in half and place the cookie halves around the top of the pie. Chop the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanuts and sprinkle over the top of the pie. Cut into 8 even slices.
- Note: If the pie has been frozen for longer than 4 hours, allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Mal Mal's Peanut Butter Cookies
Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
Orange-scented Chocolate Gelato
Big Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just Chillin' Chocolate Fridge Pie
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Sesame Peanut Noodle Salad
Caribbean Baked Bananas
Youíll Go Ape For Chocolate Covered Bananas