- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In an 8-inch square glass baking dish, place the butter and chocolate and microwave on high until melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and whisk to combine. (The chocolate may hold its shape after being microwaved, but really is melted; simply whisk to incorporate into the melted butter.)
- Add the sugar and stir well to combine. Sift the flour and salt into the chocolate mixture and add the eggs, whisking until smooth, scraping around the sides to incorporate all the ingredients. Add the vanilla and whisk to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips and microwave on high until set and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 4 1/2 to 5 minutes.
- NOTE: Cooking times may vary, depending upon the strength of the microwave.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the countertop for 15 minutes before serving.
- Sweetened Whipped Cream: Place the cream in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed or by hand until it becomes thick and frothy. While beating, add the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until soft peaks form, being careful not to over-mix. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 cups
Sweetened Whipped Cream
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Triple Chocolate Brownies with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
Sunday Night Roast Beef And Gravy With Easy Rice
Apple Custard Pie With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Normandy Apple And Cream Tart With Calvados Whipped Cream
Berry Ice Cream Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream
Quick Chicken Stir-fry