- 1 (7-ounce) package mung bean (cellophane) noodles
- 1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sliced on the bias green onions, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli florets, julienne red peppers, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts), about 3 cups, thawed
- While assembling the other ingredients, soak the noodles in hot water to soften, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth with the cornstarch. Add the soy, hoisin, sugar, and sherry, if using, whisk, and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and when hot and nearly smoking, add the green onions, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 10 to 15 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry until turning opaque and nearly cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the sauce, stir and toss, cooking until the chicken is all the way cooked through and the sauce is thick, about 2 minutes. Remove the chicken and vegetables from the pan. Add the noodles, toss, and cook to warm through, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer the stir-fry to a platter and garnish with additional green onions. Arrange the noodles on the side and serve immediately.
Udon Noodle Stir-fry With Vegetables
10 Vegetable Stir-fry
Stir-fried Squid With Chile Sauce
Stir-fried Vegetables With Salmon
Green Bean Stir-fry
Sunday Night Roast Beef And Gravy With Easy Rice
Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Dinner In A Skillet
Microwave Double Chocolate Brownies With Sweetened Whipped Cream