- 4 (6-ounce) trout fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stick, cubed, softened unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Season the trout fillets with the salt and Essence. Lightly dredge the seasoned trout in the flour, shaking off any excess. Set a 10-inch saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot, place the fish fillets in the pan, 2 at a time and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. Place the cooked fillets on an oven-proof platter and place in the oven while you cook the remaining fillets.
- Once the fish are cooked, return the skillet to the stovetop and set on medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and once melted, add the shallots. As the shallots cook, and the butter stops foaming, about 30 seconds, add the white wine, lemon juice and parsley to the pan. Continue to cook for 15 to 20 seconds, swirling the pan occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Remove the fish from the oven and pour the sauce over top the fish. Serve immediately.
Chicken Paillards With Tomato Sauce And Couscous
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Asparagus With Choron Sauce
Gratineed Crabmeat With Sauce Mornay
Trout With Pecan Meuniere Sauce
Trout Amandine With Creole Meuniere Sauce
Andouille Crusted Redfish with a Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce and a Pile of Shoestring Potatoes
Pecan Crusted Trigger Fish With A Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce And A Pile Of Shoestring Potatoes
Sand Dabs Meuniere