- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, plus more as needed
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, remaining sugar, and the salt. In a separate bowl, combine milk and egg. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, adjusting the amount of milk to make a thick batter. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of fritter batter into hot oil, frying 5 to 6 at a time. Stir occasionally for even browning. Fry fritters 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides. Remove fritters from fryer and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar. Serve with Mexican Chocolate Fondue.
Mexican Chocolate Fondue
Crabmeat And Brie Fondue
Caramelized Onion Foccacia
Oyster Rockefeller Fondue
Emeril's Asian Fondue With Sesame-soy Dipping Sauce
Sesame-soy Dipping Sauce
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Cinnamon Rum Raisin Ice Cream With Fried Plantains And Spun Sugar
Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust