- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon pick-a-peppa sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh mustard greens
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic cloves and rice and cook, stirring, until well browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the honey, thyme, pick-a-peppa sauce, chicken stock, greens, squash, and tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 1 hour or until the rice is cooked through.
- Remove lid from saucepan, and fluff rice with a fork. Serve warm with Roasted Pork Loin with Guava Glaze.
Roasted Pork Loin With Guava Glaze And Calypso Rice
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Fillings And Fried Plantains
Cho-cho (mirliton) Fritters With Coconut Rum Sauce
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Filling And Fried Plantains
Spicy Coconut Soup with Shrimp and Lobster
Rice Salad with a Soy Citrus Vinaigrette
Mr. John's Rice Dressing