- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup roasted potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup roasted or grilled red pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted or grilled zucchini, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted mushrooms, halved
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and water. Add potatoes, red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in 1/4 cup Asiago cheese. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute for 4 minutes. Stir in the egg mixture. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook until the eggs are almost set, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the frittata with the remaining Asiago. Place the frittata under the broiler and cook until the top is set and starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Place a large serving plate over the pan, and carefully invert to turn out the frittata to serve.