- Peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 6 ounces shredded mild Cheddar
- 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack
- Pour peanut or vegetable oil into a deep, heavy-bottomed stockpot or deep fryer, to a depth of 4 or 5 inches. Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/3-inch-thick rounds using a crinkle French fry cutter. Fry potatoes until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plates. Season the fries lightly with Essence and salt.
- Place fries in a wide, shallow casserole dish or baking sheet and sprinkle with the shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, layering the fries and the cheese. (If you want the cheese to be completely melted, bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 4 minutes after layering the fries and cheese.) Serve immediately.
Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust
Venison Chili Cheese Fries
Steak Fries With Blue Cheese Shallot Butter
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Linguica Crusted Redfish With A Portuguese Olive-tomato Sauce, Fried Calamari And Feta Cheese
Vidalia Onion Soup With Fried Cheese Tortellini
Fried Oyster Poor Boys With Homemade Bbq Sauce And A Crunchy Blue Cheese Slaw
Herb Cheese Stuffed And Fried Eggplant Steaks With Braised Radicchio, Fennel, And Escarole
Fried Clams With Gaahlicky Blue Cheese Dip
Oven Crispy Cheese Fries