- 1 (3 pound) fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces, giblets discarded
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence plus extra for seasoning, or other seasoning salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Rinse chicken under cold, running water and pat dry. Place in a shallow dish or resealable bag and add the lime juice. Allow chicken to marinate in the lime juice at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large cast iron skillet to a depth of 1/2 to 1-inch and preheat to 325 degrees F over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from the lime juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the flour and Essence seasoning in a large, resealable bag. Add chicken pieces 1 or 2 at a time, seal, and shake to coat evenly.
- Add the chicken thighs and legs to the hot oil and fry for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken once and fry an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel-lined plates. Return the oil to 325 degrees F before adding the remaining chicken pieces.
- Add the chicken wings and breasts to the hot oil. Fry the chicken wings for 5 minutes, turn, and fry an additional 5 minutes. Remove the wings from the oil and drain. The chicken breasts will need to cook for 10 to 11 minutes on each side.
- Season chicken with additional Essence seasoning, if desired, and serve immediately.
Pan Fried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Cornmeal Green Onion Hushpuppies
Apple Fritters With Steen's Cane Syrup
Hot Sauced Fried Chicken
Southern Fried Chicken With Mashed Potatoes
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Chicken Fricassee With Fried Polenta
Viet-Style Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry
Air-Fried Braised Chicken Thighs with Rosemary and Lemon
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy