- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, sifted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 10 ounces quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place 4 1/2 cups of the milk, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the salt in a heavy, nonreactive saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, the cocoa and the cornstarch and whisk to combine. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk some of the hot milk mixture into the bowl, then add the contents of the bowl to the hot milk mixture and whisk until completely incorporated. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a gentle boil. Continue to boil gently until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs and egg yolks together. Slowly add 1 cup of the hot cocoa mixture to the eggs and whisk to combine. Whisk this mixture into the hot cocoa mixture in the pot and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook, whisking constantly, until pudding thickens slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl and place a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a small saucepan or in a double boiler and, when slightly cooled, whisk the chocolate mixture into the pudding base along with the vanilla. Cover again with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator until chilled but still slightly pourable. Use half in the Ugly Cake assemblage and refrigerate the remaining half until thoroughly chilled and serve with the Ugly Cake.
Chocolate Chocolate Pudding Cake With Chocolate Ganache
Warm Center Chocolate, Chocolate Bread Pudding
Old Fashion Chocolate Pudding
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding
Dried Cherry And White Chocolate Bread Pudding Box
Stephan Pyles Chocolate Pudding Cake With Mocha Sauce
Chocolate Bread Pudding With Spiced Cream
Warm Chocolate Pudding Cakes
Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding