- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Return the potatoes to the cooking pot and add the buttermilk, butter, salt, and black pepper. Mash with a potato masher or heavy fork until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, to taste. Place potatoes in an ovenproof dish and cover with aluminum foil. Place mashed potatoes in a low (275 degree F) oven to keep warm until ready to serve with the pork chops.
Chicken Fried Pork Chops With Andouille Milk Gravy Over Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Pan Fried Quail With Country Milk Gravy And Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Celery Root Mashed Potatoes
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Fried Oyster Salad With Buttermilk Dressing And Corn Jalapeno Relish
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes