- 2 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 2 jalapenos, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish or 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole mustard or other coarse-grained mustard
- Combine the green and red cabbages, carrots, and green onions in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl toss the cucumbers with the lemon juice and add to the cabbage mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the seasoned vinegar mixture over the cabbage mixture and toss to thoroughly combine. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish and mustard and stir to combine. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the coleslaw and toss to thoroughly combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight before serving.